World Toilet Day 1 Mile, 5K, 10K, 13.1, 26.2(race date estimated)
World Toilet Day 1 Mile, 5K, 10K, 13.1, 26.2 Race Description
WORLD TOILET DAY is November 19, 2019! If you’ve ever participated in a running event, you know that the longest lines are usually the lines for the Port-a-Potties! Perhaps you’ve been out on a long run or walk, and the site of a toilet is the greatest thing you’ve even seen! Many would say that a toilet is a runner’s best friend. In honor of World Toilet Day, we are hosting our fourth annual World Toilet Day 1 Mile, 5K, 10K, 13.1, 26. A Royal Flush!
November 19th is World Toilet Day. Here are some facts to consider:
- 650 million people in the world do not have access to safe water.
- 2.3 billion people don’t have access to adequate sanitation, one in three of the world’s population.
- More than 500,000 children die every year from diarrhea caused by unsafe water and poor sanitation. That’s over 1,400 children a day!
Along with celebrating RUNNING, we will also be donating at least 15% of every registration to WaterAid.org, an amazing organization that provides clean water and toilets that are essential for life. For every $50 donated, they are able to provide a toilet for two families. Let’s see how many families we can get toilets for!
Get ready for the World Toilet Day 1 Mile, 5K, 10K, 13.1, 26.2
- Location: Anywhere
- Participant: Medal and Bib
- Two medals & Bibs (for extra participant, IR4 Buddy, or child)
- Three medals & Bibs (extra participants, IR4 Buddy, children)
- Four Medals and Bibs
- Five Medals and Bibs