Day of the Dog 1Mile 5K 10K 13.1 and 26.2 Race Description
August 26th, 2022 is International Dog Day! To help celebrate, we are hosting our sixth annual Day of the Dog: Run, Walk or Jog 1 Mile, 5K, 10K, 13.1, 26.2! We invite you to complete your chosen distance anytime in August for, or with, your favorite four legged friend. The medal says, “Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.” The tail on the medal moves back and forth! Plus, 20% of every registration will be donated to Freedom Service Dogs of America.
Freedom Service Dogs is a nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by rescuing dogs and custom training them for individual client needs. Clients include children, veterans and active duty military, and other adults. Their disabilities include autism, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
We’ll send you an awesome Day of the Dog Medal, plus an attached dog tag for your favorite four legged friend.
- Races can be completed anytime in August 2022, even better if it's August 26th!
- 1 mile, 5k, 10k, 13.1, and 26.2 virtual races are available — you choose which distance you want to complete
- Great for all ages
- A percentage of race registration fees will be donated to Freedom Service Dogs of America.
- You’ll receive a medal upon completion of your event!
- Registration Fee: $22 (includes a medal, dog tag, bib, and donation to charity)
- Medals and bibs will begin shipping out mid-July 2022
- Official Day of the Dog gear is available here for a limited time only
* Don’t forget that if you sign up for our main 2022 event, PLUTO: King of the Kuiper Belt – Running and Walking Challenge, you will be given a discount code that will allow you to save 25% on ALL EVENTS throughout 2022 (which makes races less then $14)! The code starts at the start of 2022 and doesn’t expire until December 31, 2022! So be sure to sign up for PLUTO now and get your discount code now! SIGN UP HERE!
- Location: Anywhere
- Race Date: 2022/08/31 03:00:00 PM (Wednesday)
- Half Marathon
- Full Marathon