Cinco de Mayo 5K(race date estimated)
Cinco de Mayo 5K Race Description
Cinco De Mayo. A celebration that many of us look forward to at the beginning of May. While many people celebrate with tacos and margaritas, the date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862. This year, we’re celebrating Cinco De Mayo with our second annual Cinco De Mayo 5k virtual race!
- Our Cinco De Mayo 5k race can be completed anytime in 2021, even better if it’s on May 5th.
- Only a 5k virtual race is available for this event
- Great for all ages
- We’ll be donating a percentage of registration fees to the Global Lyme Alliance
- With registration, you’ll be sent a unique Cinco De May race medal and bib
Let’s taco ‘bout our Cinco De Mayo virtual race! This event can be completed anytime in May, and you complete it how you want to — walk, run, or jog, the choice is yours! Once you sign up for our 5k race, you’ll be sent instructions on how to log your miles and time. Upon completion, you’ll get your Cinco De Mayo race medal! Since May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month, 20 percent of registration fees will be donated to the Global Lyme Alliance, an organization that is working to conquer Lyme and other tick-borne diseases through research and reliable diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
- Registration Fee: $25 (includes a medal, bib, and shipping)
- Medals and bibs will begin shipping out mid-April 2021
- Official Cinco De Mayo race swag is available here for a limited time only
- Location: Anywhere