Rhino Race Fun Run 1/2 Mile, 1M 5K, 10K(race date estimated)
Rhino Race Fun Run 1/2 Mile, 1M 5K, 10K Description
We are so excited to announce our first KID’S race! In the next couple of months we will be rolling out a number of virtual races geared towards kids, with medals shaped as animals, bugs, superheroes and more! Our kids race medals are made of PVC. PVC is a custom molded, weatherproof, colorful soft rubber product with raised and recessed areas. This is a fantastic, economical product for kids events!
- The name rhinoceros means ‘nose horn’ and is often shortened to rhino.
- There are five different species of rhinoceros, three native to southern Asia and two native to Africa. They are the Black Rhinoceros, White Rhinoceros, Indian Rhinoceros, Javan Rhinoceros and Sumatran Rhinoceros.
- All five species of rhinoceros can grow to weigh over 1000 kg (2200 lb).
- White rhino can weigh over 3500 kg (7700 lb).
- White rhinoceros are generally considered the second largest land mammal (after the elephant).
- Three of the five rhinoceros species are listed as being critically endangered.
- Rhinoceros have thick, protective skin.
- Relative to their large body size, rhinoceros have small brains.
- Rhinoceros horns are made from a protein called keratin, the same substance that fingernails and hair are made of.
- Rhinoceros are herbivores (plant eaters).
- A group of rhinoceros is called a ‘herd’ or a ‘crash’.
- Location: Anywhere
- 1/2 Mile
- 1 Mile