THIS LOG IS FOR LOGGING MILES, NOT STEPS! FOR YOUR DISTANCE PLEASE LOG MILES ONLY!
Each time you want to log miles for EARTH just click on the SUBMIT VIRTUAL RESULTS link. When you do you'll be able to see all of your miles logged throughout the year! Also, check out a tutorial on how to log your miles HERE!
1. BE HONEST! Honesty is the best policy and that definitely rings true here at Moon Joggers. You are responsible for logging your miles and we expect you to be HONEST. Don’t cheat yourself. This is about you working towards your personal goal and there is not gain in cheating. Be honest and as a team we will earn each and every mile that we take on our way to Mars.
2. What counts as miles? Walking, Jogging, Running, Treadmill, Elliptical and Stair Master. If it can be measured, and you’re moving on your FEET (not on wheels) you can count it towards your miles.
3. Do biking miles count? YES! But, there is a simple formula you most follow when logging biking miles. There are a few different theories out there, but the one we’ve seen most is that you exert about the same energy when you bike 3 miles as when you run 1 mile. So we’ll be using a 3:1 ratio. Any miles that you bike must be divided by THREE! So if you bike 15 miles, you can log 5 miles into your log (15/3=5) This is a RUNNING program, but we understand the need and desire to cross train and we want those miles to count. Three more ratios: You can count one mile of swimming as three miles of running. (Swimming ratio: 1:3) You can count three miles of rollerblading as one mile of running. (Rollerblading ratio: 3:1) You can count one mile of rowing as one mile of running! *If you do a spin class you do about 15-20 miles depending on how hard you work. So you can estimate how many miles you do in spin class and then divide them by THREE and put it in your log.
5. LOG YOUR MILES!!! We prefer you log your miles once a week, but we know you get busy, so please log your miles at least once a month! If you do not want to log miles day by day, you can log your miles in bulk. So if you run 100 miles in January, you can choose one day in January and log the entire 100 miles there.
6. HAVE FUN!!! There will be days that you might think there is no way you’re going to reach your goal and there will be days where you think you are unstoppable and then there will be many days in between. ENJOY EACH MILE! Work hard, have fun, cheer on fellow Moon Joggers and let’s all DANCE ON PLUTO together at the end of the year!